Back in action!

Exams
Are finally over! Whoop! Graduated, all exams done, completely done and dusted with high school. Just have to wait for exam results and then I'll be scouting out universities and courses. Time really flies, doesn't it?

So now I've got roughly four months of holiday break. Which means... I have time to write again! =D I am rather rusty though, so it may take me a bit longer to settle back into getting the words down. I promise there will definitely be updates coming as soon as I can get them out. It's been far too long and I do owe it to the ones who have stayed on and waited. Here's a quick rundown on the stories:

Precious People
As you can see by the progress meter, I've already started moving with it today. Roughly under halfway through the chapter, but I expect inspiration to flow more easily after a certain point. Having a bit of trouble envisioning fight scenes, though, and that slows me down.

Halcyon Days
Although it's the one story where I have literally planned out every chapter from start to finish, I currently seem to lack the inspiration to put it into words. I'm hoping that will change after I've satisfied plot bunnies. I've tried forcing out a paragraph or two, but it just doesn't work. Inspiration is a fickle thing.

Only Human
I did say it could possibly be the first story to be updated since my super long hiatus. That was before I realised I should get a better picture of the plot before posting new chapters and locking myself into situations where the story becomes shaped by whimsical decisions. I'm actually only 1500 words or so away from finishing the chapter, but I'll do the wise thing and slow down to concoct a plot first.

Blossom In My Eyes
Ah, Blossom. There's a reason why I left this fic last. A few days back, I had a crack at it while avoiding study. I found it unbelievably hard to pick up the story again. My writing style has changed so much, to the point where it's actually uncomfortable for me to write such an emotionally intense story. That, and as I touched on in the Only Human overview, I just winged the story as I went and it essentially has a pit of plot holes and has shot off in a direction I now find undesirable. I opened up the document with the determination of finishing the story and not abandoning it, but I will admit I had several moments where I actually felt I couldn't write the story anymore and seriously considered dropping it.

But ultimately, I have decided that will not happen XD There are a few reasons:
- it'd be unfair to the readers who actually want to see the story finished
- I want to see the story finished, because it's the first multichapter story I've written
- and because it's my first multichapter, I feel it's a reflection of what I started off as, and to complete it after all these trials would bring a ridiculously large sense of accomplishment
- I've actually come to the point where I may end up butchering the rest of the story with my attempts to write in my old style (I can't help it; my new writing style is so drastically different that putting it into an old story just... does. not. work.), I think it's still worth it! I'd learn not to make up stories on whims, without even coming up with a plot :L
- and the final reason...

... is because, as I've mentioned a few times before, I'm sure, I have another story in the works. I'm quite excited to put it up for a taste of something new, but of course that would cause my unfinished stories count to skyrocket. Therefore, I shan't put the new story on FF.net until I have finished one story, and the one most fitting would be Blossom.

So that's the rundown! I can only hope the updates aren't complete disappointments for the long waits!

 

2 Responses to Back in action!

  1. PiMPNaRuTo Says:
    I knew today was gonna be a good day. =]
    I'm so glad you're back, congrats on finishing all your exams.
    I'm a bit saddened to hear your inspiration for Halcyon Days has disappeared a bit, but that's okay, take your time and it should all flow back to you, I'm just happy to hear you're back and writing.
  2. Rorek11 Says:
    I'm really glad to hear you're continuing Blossom In My Eyes (or at least trying to). It's one of the best, if the THE best, NaruSaku fic I've ever read. I love your writing style, old and new. Hope everything works out!